What-
This week we explored a few different computer applications, which will be helpful in enriching our teaching ability. We learned how to navigate Inspiration in creating a concept map to help us organize our thoughts for the Internet campaign we needed to develop. Microsoft Publisher was also introduced to us, having never used this program I was amazed how much fun it was to create brochures, newsletters and flyers.
So What-
As a teacher it is important to understand all the tools at our disposal. I wish more teachers here at the University would learn to use these tools. For me Microsoft publisher will be used to help develop learning opportunities for my students, for example have the students make up a flyer as if they were revolutionaries listing the grievances with the crown.
Now What-
Since learning publisher I have already made up flyers for personal events I have going on. I intend to learn more about the various functions included in publisher. Inspiration I need to play with more to understand it’s full potential. I already used my trial version to of Inspiration to complete an assignment in another class. It will be a useful tool to help my students organize their thoughts for projects, or just to look at a chain of events in history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment