What-
This week in class we discussed the use of digital cameras in the classroom, we were introduce to Picasso and to Power Point. These tools were a review for me, so I thought. I learned new tools and ways to use these items in my classroom. I have always enjoyed doing Power Points for any presentation I have to give; yet I discovered I was in a boring rut. Through doing the activity in the book I learned some new tricks I did not know even existed. Picasso was somewhat new to me, I am familiar with Photoshop and iphoto, and I was excited to find out there was an online version of picture storage.
So What-
It is important for a teacher to understand the latest technology to keep up with their students. This is especially true of high school teachers whose students are at the height of the technology wave at all times. I intend to use Power points as a major tool in my teaching agenda. Being a visual learner myself, I have always gotten more out of pictures then a verbal description.
Now What-
I intend to go through the book on power point and try to create as many of them as I can. I thought I knew a lot about Power Point but as I go through this book I find out I only understand the tip of the iceberg. As for Picasso I have already started moving pictures over and am trying to learn how to make the pictures available to select people so hopefully by the time I enter the class room I know enough to include picture of class activities on my website.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment