Sunday, June 14, 2009

Webquest reflection

Webquest Reflection

On a Google Doc, answer the following questions using rich description, Metacognition, and critical thinking.

1. What? - Summarize the Webquest experience. What did you learn? What is this technology best used for? Will you be using it in your future classroom? Why or why not?
I learned how to construct a meaningful webquest for my students. The technology is used to help students use their Metacognition skills in working through a problem presented during a webquest. I will definitely use webquest in my future classroom; I actually expect to use the one we created for this assignment in my classroom.

2. So What? - What does this experience say about you as a teacher? How are you developing with regard to the INTASC and NETS standards? Evaluate your personal and, if applicable, group performance on this project. Be very specific.
This experience says that I am able to accomplish tasks based on computer skills. This is very important at this point in time with all the technology the students understand. I feel that I have been able to increase my abilities in regards to the NETS standards; I have developed a technical learning tool for my students. My group worked well together, it is always easy to work with fellow “history nerds” on projects.

3. Now What? - What professional goals have been inspired by this project or have not been satisfied by this project (include at least 2)? Describe specific steps for meeting these goals.

This project has opened a door to the world of webquests. I have to admit, I really enjoyed this project, since finishing this project I have already thought up several different such webquests to use while teaching. As far as goals are concerned I can the two I will work on are (1) create more webquest in important areas of my content and (2) create power points with action buttons for more interesting lectures and student workshops. In order to meet these goals I will need to look at lesson plans throughout a given school year and decide where I can fit webquests and power point presentations into the lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment