1. What? - Summarize this course. What is it about? What technologies were covered? What theories/perspectives were introduced? Identify at least 3 specific things that you have learned in this class.
This course was a course designed to introduce future teachers to the technologies available to aide in the classroom. Many technologies where covered (power point, digital cameras, webquests, introduction to helpful sites to teachers, google tools and of course digital story creations). The three things I added to my knowledge of technologies are the google tools; I had no idea what google could be used for. Since learning the tools I have been able to create a google site for my daughters show choir and taught my daughter to write her “stories” on Google docs, so they will be saved and easily shared. I also learned how to make a digital story, I have always been interested in the photography tools online, but had never created a digital story, of all the activities this semester this was by far my favorite. I have already started to accumulate story ideas for my future classroom. I also learned about the UEN website and all the teaching tools available to me. This website is rich with useful tools for my future teaching career.
2. So What? - Why is this class part of your course requirements for licensure? How has it helped you progress with regard to the INTASC and NETS standards? Be specific.
This course is necessary to keep teachers up with their students in the area of technology. I think every certified teacher should have to take such classes every few years to learn what is new and exciting out there so they remain relevant to their students. This course has helped me increase in my INTASC and NETS standards, I am more comfortable with my abilities and am very excited to implement in my classroom. I feel this class is one of the most useful of all the education courses required of use as education students.
3. Now What? - Will you be using technology in your future classroom? Why or why not? If so, which technologies will you be using? Why? What do you still need to learn about technology? Describe at least 2 specific goals that you have for improving your technology skills.
Yes, I will be using this technology in my future classroom, I intend to use webquest for projects, I think this adds clarity to my instructions and a level of technology the students need to be familiar with. I will use digital stories and power points to help the visual learners in my classes (as well as my self to remain on task for each unit). My goals from here are to further my knowledge regarding the above tools I mentioned. I know there are many tools within power point that I need to learn in order to keep my power points interesting. I also need to remain in touch with new technologies, in order to do this I will have to visit websites designed for teachers to keep them informed. Also, as a mother of a teenager, I can make sure I understand all the new technology she discovers, I think this is the best way to stay up with what is relevant with our students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment