Friday, May 15, 2009

strengths and weaknesses

My strengths lie in my ability to learn new tools on the computer. I did not grow up with computers and am a little too old to be considered native born, so I have had to learn these programs from the ground up. I am not scared of new technology and know if I put enough effort into learning new technologies I will be able to learn the necessary tools for keeping up in the classroom. My weakness also lies in the fact that I am not native born into the computer generation. Before returning to school I always felt I was the last person to learn about new technology. As a teacher I will have to continue to learn about new technologies and keep up with my students as to the newest technologies as they come along.
My goals are centered around my weaknesses. As a teacher I will continually be researching the best technologies to connect with my students on their level. This continued education would keep my students interested in learning on their level.
There are many free tutorials on the World Wide Web to learn about technologies as they come out. One website which lists many different tutorials is www.internet4classrooms.com. This website has tutorials under certain categories depending on need. Another important way to keep abreast of new technology is to watch the news and consult websites such as www.newscientist.com, this website reports on the newest technologies.

1 comment:

  1. Tie your strengths and weaknesses specifically to the TICS and NETS.

    ReplyDelete