1- The potentials for google sites are many. A class website can keep the students and parents informed of what is required to pass my class. Sometimes there is a gap between what we tell the students in class and what the parents find out. With a clear website parents will be able to see upcoming assignments and exams. A website can also help the teacher to communicate with her students in an organized method and know that each student has equal access to the information.
2- The only drawback can think of is the ability of the parents to navigate the Internet and to check the website often enough to be helpful. I think the drawback is becoming more and more obsolete as the parents of are students are becoming more computer savvy.
3- I defiantly plan on having a website. As the parent of a child entering high school and 4 students in elementary school I wish their teachers had websites that I could check on what is coming up. I think a website shows the teacher to be more organized in her lesson plans instead of letting the year just slip by in disorganization. An organized teacher has a positive effect upon the learning environment in the classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What will you include on your site?
ReplyDelete